8 Reasons Every Athlete Needs To Try Kickboxing
It seems these days that there is always hype for some new fitness trend—CrossFit, barre, hot yoga, and list goes on and on. We admit, kickboxing is the new “trend,” but we think it’s here to stay. This is because this low-impact workout combines high intensity interval training, cardio, and bodyweight sculpting, meaning you’re guaranteed fast results and it is something you can do your entire life. We promise, after reading through this list of reasons to try kickboxing, you won’t be able to help yourself!
- In a one-hour heated kickboxing class, you can burn anywhere between 800-1,000 calories.
- Kickboxing works all the major muscles due to the explosive movements necessary for punches and kicks. Mix that with intervals of push-ups, abdominal exercises, and squat jumps, and you’ve got a full-body workout.
- Kickboxing mixed with cardio is one of the fastest ways to blast fat. These boxing classes are one of the most effective ways to burn the stubborn belly fat that’s associated with heart disease, diabetes, and some types of cancer.
- Each move requires a lot of core power behind it. Combine that with the sculpting exercises done in between combos, which creates effective full-body toning.
- You’ll learn self-defense techniques. While this is not the primary purpose of the class, you will pick up self-defense moves along the way, and you’ll learn what each move is meant to hurt in your opponent.
- Switching from punches to kicks requires major coordination skill. This activity will boost your coordination, which improves your reflexes.
- Need stress relief? Look no further. Kickboxing is known for clearing the mind and promoting better sleep by releasing an enormous amount of endorphins that relieves stress.
- An intense, one-hour workout class can be intimidating, and this is the reason many shy away from them. Fortunately, accomplishing a tough kickboxing class will significantly boost your confidence and make you proud of your achievement.